I don’t have a 501(c)(3). That is, I’m not working as a tax-exempt, nonprofit, charitable organization like most agencies in service to the poor. I spend my own money, and I route other people’s money directly to those who need it through GoFundMe or similar mechanisms.
I have received $2,825 in donations (as of April, 2018) from people who wanted to support my work delivering meals. I use the money to buy food, aluminum trays, paper towels, and such. Thank you to all of those people! (There’s a list, below.)
If you would like to contribute to my effort, you can send money to me via PayPal at paypal.me/rumblecash; or via Google Pay: go to pay.google.com and send money to david.baum.seattle [at] gmail [dot] com. Your donation is not tax-deductible; it’s simply a gift.
- Bob (from an Oregon singing camp; my inspiration!): $1,000
- Don (my step-dad): $500
- Ali (barista at local coffee shop): $60
- Beth (someone who heard about me on the Internet): $100
- Lachlan (neighbor): $50
- Susanna (neighborhood activist and ally): $1,000
- Ron (resident of a camp who wanted to reimburse me): $40
- Susan (Real Change vendor who asked her customers to contribute): $75.