Susanna Lin of the Wallingford Community Council provides this handy and informative list of upcoming events. Visit and join the Wallingford Housing & Development Discussion Group on Facebook.
Happening this week (June 6-10):
- Tuesday, June 7 – 9:30 AM: Planning, Land Use & Zoning Committee of the City Council, meeting at City Hall. They will be discussing the upzones: Downtown & SLU to be implemented first. The percentages developers will need to set aside are still waaaay too low & they brush over displacement. See agenda item #2 & download presentation at this link.
- Wednesday, June 8 – 3:00-6:00 PM: Councilmember Mike O’Brien will be holding office hours at the Fremont Public Library: 731 N 35th St. I really encourage you to attend and talk to him regarding your concerns.
- Wednesday, June 8 – 7:00-9:00 PM: WallHALA (committee of the Wallingford CC) will be holding a meeting in the basement of the Good Shepherd Center in the Senior Center. Jesseca Brand from HALA will be a guest. This was scheduled as a follow up to [a previous meeting] & to discuss the HALA engagement process, although other questions I’m sure would be ok.
- Friday, June 10 – 12:00-7:00 PM: Councilmember Lisa Herbold will be holding office hours at South Park Community Center: 8319 8th Ave S.
Important Upcoming Events: Public Hearings – Mark Your Calendars!!
I hope everyone reading this notice can attend and bring a friend! Please come and make a PUBLIC COMMENT! We are expecting a big turnout of people (especially for June 21st) in favor of the upzones, so please let your opposition be known.
- Tuesday, June 21 – 9:30 AM: Public Hearing on Mandatory Housing Affordability-Residential (MHA-R). This is the framework legislation for the upzones throughout the city..
- Monday, June 27 – 6:00 PM: Public Hearing on Seattle 2035 Comprehensive Plan. We want criteria back in the comp plan so that neighborhood-specific planning can be an integral part of the planning process.